Rotary Auto Blade Have even more fun with fabrics! The SDX1250 comes with a rotary auto blade attachment and 63 brand NEW rotary designs.
Built-in scanner The ScanNCut is the only crafting machine to feature a 600dpi scanner. You can scan virtually anything – a drawing, a cherished photo, even material offcuts, so there’s less wastage! Transform your scans into cut, draw, foil, pierce or emboss designs.*
Standalone Use the large 5” colour touchscreen to edit, zoom, customise and even create your own designs, with no PC or mobile needed. Save designs to your machine’s memory or USB for future use.
Blade sensor technology Brother’s innovative auto-blade sensor automatically detects material thickness, taking away tricky guesswork. Get the perfect cut, every time.
Cut up to 3mm thick Foam, felt, fabric, leather, balsa, card, paper – you name it, you can cut it (up to 3mm thick).
Whisper quiet Even though the Brother ScanNCut DX range is a mighty and powerful cutting machine, it is truly whisper quiet when cutting which makes it perfect to use anywhere!
Something for everyone With 1,303 designs and 17 fonts built-in, PLUS 63 rotary blade designs on activation card, your SDX1250 has something to suit every creative occasion.
Handy half-cut function The half-cut function is perfect for cutting stickers and heat transfer materials like flex- and flock foils. Pair with background scanning to create designs that use every inch of your material – perfect for hobbyists and business owners alike.
Connect your craft room With wireless connectivity you can send designs directly to your ScanNCut from your free CanvasWorkspace account, no wires or flash drives needed. Using the built-in USB port, you can import PES/PHX/PHC files so you can turn treasured embroidery patterns into matching stickers, line art, cutting guides, embossing or foiling projects.
SVG data readability Your SDX1250 can read SVG files directly, so there’s no need to spend time converting first. More time crafting, less time converting.
Cut out the hassle Remove the hassle of hand cutting designs from paper and fabric. Just scan, highlight and cut. Perfect for those who may have difficulty holding scissors or cutting knives.
Calling all quilters! The SDX1250 comes with 140 built-in quilt blocks and appliqué designs. Plus the new Rotary Auto Blade kit, which includes a rotary auto blade and 63 brand new rotary designs. Your ScanNCut can even draw in and cut your desired seam allowance, so perfect quilting every time!
Get rolling... Expand your creative possibilities with the roll feeder 2* for the ScanNCut DX range. Create longer designs for home décor, or shop windows. It’s the perfect tool for cutting vinyl stickers and heat transfer materials. And with the roll feeder 2*, you don’t even need to use a mat!
Supersize me Now it’s super easy to go supersize when cutting vinyls. Combine your roll feeder 2* with the Vinyl Auto Blade*, which includes great new features like the tiling function which allows you you to create unlimited sized vinyls and the handy weeding box function for easier and more efficient weeding!
My Connection Got an embroidery design that you love? Using the exclusive My Connection** function, transfer designs directly to/from compatible sewing machines and turn them into patterns to be used on your ScanNCut. Perfect for applique. Love a ScanNCut pattern and want to see it stitched out? Send it to your compatible sewing machine and create an embroidery design around it.
Never stop creating* With our extensive range of optional accessories, Brother will be at your side to help you take your creative projects to the next level. Check out the Disney collection, stencil sheets, vinyl, foiling, roll feeder and embossing kits, and so much more by visiting support.brother.com.
*Additional purchase necessary
**To use My Connection, software version should be 1.61 or higher
Optional Supplies and Accessories
- Brayer (CABRY1)
- Scraper Tool (CASCP1)
- Spatula and Hook Set (CASPHK1)
- Embossing Starter Kit (CAEBSKIT1)
- Foiling Starter Kit (CAFTKIT1)
- Roll Feed Attachment (CADXRF2)
- Rhinestone Starter Kit (CARSKIT1)
- Calligraphy Starter Kit (CADXCLGKIT1)
- Paper Piercing Starter Kit (CADXPPKIT1)
- Vinyl Auto Blade Kit (CADXVBKIT1)
- Disney Vinyl Auto Blade Kit (CADXVBDSNKIT1)
Blades, Holders & Pens
- Auto Blade 3mm (CADXBLD1)
- Auto Blade Holder (CADXHLD1)
- Thin Fabric Auto Blade (CADXBLDQ1)
- Thin Fabric Auto Blade Holder (CADXHLDQ1)
- Pen Holder (CAPENHL1)
- Colour Pen - 6pcs (CAPEN1)
- Erasable Pen - 2pcs (CAPEN2)
- Universal Pen Holder (CAUNIPHL1)
- Small Universal Pen Holder (CAUNIPHL2)
- Calligraphy Pens 5pc per set (CADXCLGPEN1, CADXCLGPEN2, CADXCLGPEN3)
- Foiling Glue Pens (CAFTGP1)
- Paper Piercing Tools (CADXPPTL1)
- Embossing Tool Set (CAEBSKIT1)
- Roll Feeder Cutter (CADXRFC1)
Mats, Sheets & Other Consumables
- Iron-on Contact Sheet for applique (CASTBL1)
- High Tack Support Sheet for Fabric Cutting (CASTBL2)
- Low Tack Mat 12 x 12" "/305 x 350mm (CADXMATLOW12)
- Jumbo Low Tack Mat 12 x 24" "/305 x 610mm (CADXMATLOW24)
- Scanning Mat 12 x 12"/305 x 350mm (CADXMATS12)
- Standard Tack Mat 12 x 12" "/305 x 350mm (CADXMATSTD12)
- Jumbo Standard tack Mat 12 x 24" "/305 x 610mm (CADXMATSTD24)
- Jumbo Scanning Mat 12 x 24"/305 x 610mm (CADXMATS24)
- Rhinestone Sheet Set (CARSSH1)
- Rhinestone Transfer Sheets (CARSTS1)
- Stencil sheet (CASTCL1)
- Embossing Mat (CAEBSMAT1)
- Bronze Embossing Metal Sheets (CAEBSBMS1)
- Silver Embossing Metal Sheets (CAEBSSMS1)
- Embossing Template Sheets (CAEBSTS1)
- Paper Piercing Mat (CADXPPMAT1)
- Foil Blue (CAFTSBLU1)
- Foil Gold (CAFTSGLD1)
- Foil Green (CAFTSGRN1)
- Foil Pink (CAFTSPNK1)
- Foil Red (CAFTSRED1)
- Foil Silver (CAFTSSIL1)
Design Pattern Collections
- Quilt Pattern USB1 (CAUSB1)
- Applique Pattern USB2 (CAUSB2)
- 3D model Pattern USB4 (CAUSB4)
- Canvas Premium Pack No. 2 (Enhanced Image Tracing / 25 design patterns) (CACVPPAC2)
- Christmas Décor Collection (CACDCP01)
- Paper Piercing Design Collection (CADXPPDP01)
- Calligraphy Font Collection (CADXCLGFP01)
- Tattered Lace Collections 1-8 (CATTLP01, CATTLP02, CATTLP03, CATTLP04, CATTLP05, CATTLP06, CATTLP07, CATTLP08)
- Disney Pattern Collections 1-12 (CADSNP01, CADSNP02, CADSNP03, CADSNP04, CADSNP05, CADSNP06, CADSNP07, CADSNP08, CADSNP09, CADSNP10, CADXDSNP11, CADXDSNP12)
Features and Specifications
|Machine Size||Compact and Lightweight|
|Machine Type||Craft, Die Cutter|
|Skill Level||Advanced, Beginner, Intermediate|
In the box
|Contents||Black auto blade & holder, Rotary blade & holder, Standard-tack mat (12”x12”), Low-tack mat (12”x12”), Pen holder, 2x Erasable pens, Touch pen (Stylus), Spatula, Accessory bag, Power cord, Getting started guide, Cardstock 12" x 12" (1 pc), My Connection activation card, Rotary blade design activation card, Activation card for CanvasWorkspace|
|Full Auto Blade||Yes|
|Thin Fabric Blade (auto blade)||Yes|
|Direct Connection via USB Cable (cable not included)||Yes|
|Wireless Interface||WLAN Connection|
|Scanner Resolution (optical)||600dpi|
|Scanning Area||12 x 24" (305 x 610 mm)|
|Display Type||LCD Colour Touchscreen|
|Auto Power Off||Yes|
|Adjustable Holder Pressure||Automatic|
|Blade Depth Adjustment||Automatic|
|Built-In Quilt Patterns||140|
|Cutting Area||11.7 x 11.7" (297 x 297mm), 11.7 x 24" with optional mat (297 x 610mm)|
|Maximum Thickness for Cutting||Auto Blade: 3mm, Thin Fabric Auto Blade: 3mm|
|FCM||Native to ScanNCut and CanvasWorkspace|
|PES||Yes, all PES Data|
|SVG||Via Canvas Workspace or Direct Import to the Machine|
|Max Cutting Depth||3mm|
|CanvasWorkspace for PC & MacOS||Yes|
|CanvasWorkspace for Web||Yes|
|Warranty||3 Year Return to Base Warranty *For Business Use, 1 Year only|